Saturday 20 November 2010

D for rent.



I spent all of yesterday in Graham Bignell's letterpress studio in Hoxton. Was such a good day, I had never experienced letterpress for myself so I learned a lot and really enjoyed myself. Everybody was given a letter of the 'cockney alphabet' (A for 'orses, B for mutton, C for miles etc.) and had to create a design that would be put together with the rest and hopefully chosen to be part of an exhibition in December.


Getting my final layout just right was a long and fiddly process, but I really enjoyed it. Made me realise how much type is taken for granted with the use of computer software; it's a shame that nowadays the creative process that comes with letterpress is almost a thing of the past. The day went by so fast, I had a lot of fun and would love to go back again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment